After graduating from New York University College of Dentistry in 1978, Dr. Daniel G. Pompa completed a General Practice Residency at Long Island Jewish Hospital, followed by specialty training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Lincoln Hospital, New York Medical College. In 1982, Dan became a Fellow of The American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons and in 1992 a Fellow in The International Congress of Oral Implantologists. Dr. Daniel G. Pompa practiced as an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon for over 30 years in New York City and is now lecturing full-time. He is now a visiting speaker at ten Dental Schools throughout the U.S.
Dr. Pompa is also an author with multiple courses on-line and has published in many journals such as: The Journal of the American Dental Association, Dentistry Today and the New York State Journal of the Academy of General Dentistry. He has been featured as a Seminar Series Speaker/Consultant for the American Dental Association. Dr. Pompa is now a Colgate Speaker and has a course “Medical Emergencies in the Dental Practice” on the Colgate Website. Dentistry Today has cited Dr. Pompa as a “Leader in Continuing Education in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023. He has presented over 500 lectures both Nationally and Internationally. His main topic “Actions and Algorithms for Medical Emergencies, How to Save a Life - Including Your Own” has now been presented throughout the U.S. as well as in Canada, South America and in Europe.
- Dr. Pompa's published articles are all available on the website: www.APS4DDS.com.
- He has organized several Charity Golf Tournaments to raise money for our Veterans at the Northport VA Hospital. Dan has been the host of the "New York Classic Film Club" which is in its eight year and meets at the Port Washington Public Library on Long Island, New York.
- Dr. Dan G. Pompa is also an inventor, having been issued a U.S. Patent for his contribution in developing a protocol for CT Guided Surgery in the field of Dental Implantology.
- His patent (U.S. Patent #5,320,529) is cited today by over 250 patents. You can see more information about the patent on the link directly below:
- When Dan is not on the road presenting lectures, he can often be found on the Golf course with his wife, Carolyn, or home working hard at spoiling his 5 Grandchildren.